- Mandatory emissions measurement are made on petrol vehicles that are taken into use in 1978 and beyond as well as diesel-powered vehicles that are taken into use in 1980 and beyond.
- For petrol vehicles that are taken into use in 2001 and beyond there is also a review of the OBD (On Board Diagnostics).
- Emissions measurements and the review of the OBD is assessed as a whole and is therefore be pursued simultaneously.
- For hybrid cars, the same measurements are performed as for other vehicles, because hybrids have both an electric and an internal combustion engine.
- The certificate of the implemented emission measurement is valid for three months.